List of Top Tech Websites
- Mashable is a leading source for news, information & resources for the Connected Generation.
- Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world. Mashable’s 20 million monthly unique visitors and 6 million social media followers have become one of the most engaged online news communities.
- Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco.
- TechCrunch is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news.
- Founded in June 2005, TechCrunch and its network of websites now reach over 12 million unique visitors and draw more than 37 million page views per month.
- The TechCrunch community includes more than 2 million friends and followers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google and other social media.
- Lifehacker is a weblog about life hacks and software. The blog posts cover a wide range of topics including: Microsoft Windows, Mac, Linux programs,iOS and Android, as well as general life tips and tricks.
- The staff updates the site about 18 times each weekday, with reduced updates on weekends. The Lifehacker motto is “Tips and downloads for getting things done.”
- CNET is an American tech media website that publishes reviews, news, articles, blogs, and podcasts on technology and consumer electronics globally.
- Founded in 1994 by Halsey Minor and Shelby Bonnie, it was the flagship brand of CNET Networks and became a brand of CBS Interactive through CNET Networks’ acquisition in 2008.
- CNET originally produced content for radio and television in addition to its website and now uses new media distribution methods through its Internet television network, CNET TV, and its podcast and blog networks.
- Gizmodo is a design and technology blog. It is part of the Gawker Media network run by Nick Denton and runs on the Kinja platform.
- PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and services
- PC World, stylized PCWorld, is a global computer magazine published monthly by IDG.
- It offers advice on various aspects of PCs and related items, the Internet, and other personal-technology products and services.
- In each publication, PC World reviews and tests hardware and software products from a variety of manufacturers, as well as other technology related devices such as still and video cameras, audio devices and televisions.
- MakeUseOf is a British technology and internet apps blog founded by Aibek Esengulov and Kaly Mochoev. The website’s primary focus is software, web applications, and technology, but they have also recently started covering news, opinion, and gadgets as well.
- MakeUseOf was launched in July 2006 and now employs 24 members of staff from various parts of the world.
- The site publishes, on average, 15 posts a day from Monday to Friday, with a reduced schedule at weekends.
- The main blog is backed up by a directory and a Yahoo Answers-type of page for unanswered technology questions.
- ZDNet is a business technology news website published by CBS Interactive, along with TechRepublic and SmartPlanet.
- The brand was founded in 1991 as a general interest technology portal from Ziff Davis and evolved into an enterprise IT-focused online publication owned by CNET Networks.
- How-To Geek is an online tech magazine, dedicated to providing interesting articles, how-tos, and even fun trivia to audience of geeky — and not-so-geeky readers.
- This website content is understandable for regular people, but geeky enough that the more technical readers would find it interesting as well.
- VentureBeat is a technology news site that focuses on disruptive technology and explains why it matters in our lives. It also produces several annual technology-focused conferences.
- VentureBeat attracted about 3.9 million visitors per month as of September, 2012, according to Comscore
- Digital Inspiration (Labnol.org) is a popular how-to website that covers computer software, mobile apps, video tutorials and useful websites.
- “Digital Inspiration” was awarded the “Best Technology Award” at Indibloggies in 2006 and 2008.
- Digital Inspiration, launched in 2004, is now among the Top 100 Technology Blogs on the Internet out of an estimated total of 130+ million blogs.
- Digital Inspiration averages more than 3+ million page views per month and has been quoted in publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNet, Wired, CNN Money, Guardian, Financial Times, CBC, Wired, ITWire, MSNBC, BoingBoing, BBC, Mercury News, Sydney Morning Herald, PBS, The New York Times etc
- A survey by Business World magazine puts Digital Inspiration blog in the list of most popular blogs and online youth hangouts.
- The site has been mentioned as “must read” in India Today while it has also been recommended in CNN Go, the new travel and lifestyle site of CNN.
- Darren Rowse is a blogger, speaker, consultant and founder of several blogs and blog networks, including b5media and ProBlogger.net.
- GigaOM is a technology blog started by Om Malik and published by Giga Omni Media, Inc. in San Francisco, California.
- It offers news, analysis, and opinions on startups, Web 2.0, online games, and other technology related topics.
- According to the company website it has a monthly global audience of 4 million.
- It is among the top 50 blogs worldwide by Technorati Rank, and is listed on CNet’s Blog 100 list.
- In May 2010, GigaOm was named Finalist in Lead411’s list of the “2010 Hottest San Francisco Companies”
- Six Revisions is a website that publishes practical and useful articles for designers and web developers. We seek to present exceptional, noteworthy tips, tutorials, and resources that the modern web professional will appreciate.
- Six Revisions was launched in February 2008 by professional web developer/designer Jacob Gube (who now functions as the Chief Editor of the site).
- Articles are written by talented professionals from around the globe, and a high emphasis on quality, comprehensiveness, and usefulness goes into each of the articles published